Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Statement Of Faith

I believe there is one God, the God of the Bible, who created everything.  He 
manifests Himself as the Father,  Son,  and Holy Spirit.  He may have zapped 
creation into being instantly or in 6 literal days.  Or, He may have used the 
process of evolution for millions of years for some of it. Personally, I don't care 
how He did it, I just believe that He did it.  I am really blown away by the fact 
that He chose to create you and me. :-)

I believe the bible tells us what we need to know about God. I believe it is 
inspired by God. It was probably inerrant in it's beginning, but since going 
through many translations, there are flaws found in our copies we have now-a- 
days.  I believe it is still trustworthy to lead us to know God and to know how 
to live in the way that He expects His people to live.  I believe that, because, I 
experience it.

I believe Jesus of Nazareth,  who died on the cross and was raised from the 
dead, is the messiah that was prophesied in the Old Testament.  I believe His 
death and resurrection was for the redemption/salvation of every single 
individual on the planet...because of His love for us.  He made us 
FOR  Himself.

In order to reap the benefits of that salvation, it is a no-brainier that one must 
believe it to be a fact. Jesus said, we are already condemned if we don't believe. 
I believe God's wrath will abide on unbelievers UNTIL they believe, thus, 
fulfilling Jesus' words in John 12:32..."I will draw ALL to myself."

I believe in the physical resurrection of every individual. Those who believe in 
Christ and overcome in this life will be raised to blessings beyond belief and will 
be partnered with God in His plan for the ages to come..... Those who reject 
God will be raised in the last resurrection and will suffer great loss and 
correction until they come to the end of themselves and confess that they are 
not the lord of their own lives....however long that may take.

I believe every knee will bow to God and every tongue will confess Christ as 
Lord, eventually.

I believe Christ will reign until everything and everyone is in submission to 
Himself and when that happens, however long it takes for it to happen,

                             We Will All Live Happily Ever After.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I struggle to believe, but truly want for Jesus to be real and want to love him. I have been so scared of hell and scared because I have trouble to believe that surely I would suffer forever and ever. This has truly helped me. And not so I can go do inappropriate or immoral things. But so I can relax and do good and try to love God without fear.

    ReplyDelete